Grassroots Community Members & Horizon37
'Make skilful, timely decisions - then communicate them powerfully'
Horizon37 designs and delivers leadership coaching programmes for scale-up exec and non-exec teams, enabling them to succeed in breaking new ground.
Following the success of ‘the Valuable Boards™‘ workshop in November, Katy Tuncer from Horizon37 and Oxford Sciences Enterprises Grassroots decided to run more of these interactive sessions.
Katy ran an excellent workshop ”Decision Making at the Top’ on Thursday the 17th of February.
Key questions considered included;
● Which decisions truly deserve my time and attention? How do I identify
the most important decisions?
● What stops me making the most optimal, skilful decisions that I can?
● How should we make and communicate decisions for maximum positive
impact on business results?
And the key outcomes;
● Prioritise decisions and allocate appropriate resource to make each one.
● Explore the risks of hasty or stalled decision-making.
● Choose timing and criteria for important decisions in your business.
● Communicate powerfully to manage expectations and win stakeholder trust.
● Mitigate against cognitive biases.
● Identify decision-making roles and apply a simple four-step process for effective decision making.
Thank you Katy. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the session and we’re really looking forward to the next one!
If you want to know what’s happening at Grassroots, keep an eye on our Events List.
More Blog Articles
Exit Right – a new series of expert-led events for entrepreneurs
Exit Right is a free expert led, must-attend event series for any entrepreneur looking to drive their business from start-up to exit. Hosted by experts in their fields, the six talks are a series of masterclasses to help founders and their senior management teams to successfully grow and exit their […]
Free 1:1 drop-in sessions
Oxford Science Enterprises Grassroots were honoured to host Oxford Product Design on Feb 15th. They offered free 1:1 drop-in sessions with a product design expert and provided design advice. Also on offer was help to refine attendees “go to market” strategy, particularly around product pipeline and development plan. Rupert Wilkinson, […]
Mentorship Evening – held on Feb 9th 2022
Oxford Science Enterprises Grassroots were delighted to accommodate this ‘Mentorship Evening’ within our Workspace on the evening of Feb. 9th. Catalyse Oxford is a biotech entrepreneurship programme run in collaboration between the Oxford University Biotech Society (OUBT) and SynBioUK. Over the course of 8 weeks, students are developing biotech business […]